Invitation to party


Click image to see full-size invitation.

In seven days, Beastie Boys fans who pilgrimage to George, Washington, will begin the most Beastie-filled weekend ever at the Sasquatch Music Festival. Beastie Boys will premiere the songs from their new instrumental album The Mix-Up at a special set on Saturday, as well as perform a hip-hop set on Sunday. In addition, Mix Master Mike will perform a set both days, and Money Mark will perform a set on Sunday. Beastie Boys fans couldn't ask for a more perfect offering!

To begin the weekend right, a group of fans are hosting a party for the Beastie Boys fan community at the festival campgrounds on Friday night (May 25). Join Pootytang, Paulb, Jennygirl, and Miramanee ('tis I) in a celebration of all that is Beastie.

A special feature of the party will be a Beastie Boys impersonation contest. Fans may rap, dress, act, vocally impersonate, or wear a mustache (really anything) like a Beastie Boy to win prizes. The contest will be videotaped for future amusement.

In the following video, Beastie Boys fan Steve-Onpoint provides an example of something that would make you WIN the contest. (Filmed in October 2006, a day before the Beastie Boys show at the Hiro Ballroom in New York)


In the following video, Beastie Boys pet fan Pootytang provides an example of something that would make you NOT WIN the contest. Just kidding, Poots. (Filmed in October 2006, a day before the Beastie Boys show at the Hiro Ballroom in New York)


Something that both videos illustrate is that Beastie Boys fans have a great time when they get together and party. Please come and join the fun at the festival!

17 comments:

1:08 AM Anonymous said...

Dammit, woman, are you trying to kill me??

1:11 AM Hot Sauce said...

I told you that we were saving space in the teepee for you!

Everyone has been asking me if you're going to be there. Why? Because you are wanted there.

You should sell your kidney so you can come.

1:43 AM paulbonardelli said...

oh my fuckin god, that video of Rusty is hilarious...im suprised im still standing up in the 1st video...lol. That night was very memorable.

1:03 PM Anonymous said...

beasties don't have to worry about pootytang stealing their rap crown

j/k

5:02 PM Klepto said...

awwwww that is the cutest invitation evaaaaa! where can i get a dancing yauch monkey doll?! :P

5:28 PM Anonymous said...

I agree it's the cutest invitation ever! I would love to come to the party but I'm not arriving until Saturday. :(

5:32 PM Hot Sauce said...

We might have a party on Saturday night too. It just depends upon how exhausted we are.

Please introduce yourself if you see us on the festival grounds. We'll be hard to miss because we'll all be dressed the same.

7:54 PM Anonymous said...

I wish I could go. It sounds like alot of fun.

8:47 PM Anonymous said...

What are the prizes?

9:42 PM Anonymous said...

I think first prize is a piggy back ride down to the festival from Poots Mc Gootytang. ;P

9:48 PM Hot Sauce said...

Prizes are being furnished by the label. I'm not exactly sure what it'll be. Promo stuff.

9:49 PM Hot Sauce said...

I should say the label isn't endorsing the party in any way. I'm getting the stuff because of a personal connection.

9:58 PM Anonymous said...

While I won't be judging, I will be passing out slices of bread. You'll have an option of either mustard or butter.

-Laver

10:02 PM Hot Sauce said...

I have to be a judge because my Mike D impression is so good that it would be unfair if I entered the contest. Pooty has to be judge because none of us want to hear him try to rap again. :P

1:38 PM Anonymous said...

I don't even remember trying to rap, I was drunk as hell after drinking since 2 or 3 in the pm.

Pooty

12:00 AM Anonymous said...

should I bring my pinstripe suit and fedora?

11:06 AM Hot Sauce said...

Pooty, you weren't drunk when I took this video. Paul, on the other hand...

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are rejected without review (i.e., trashed automatically). You must provide a name with your comment.