Hungry for The Clash

"Growing up, The Clash were probably the first group that I lived and breathed for, and actually passed on eating so I could save money to buy their 7" singles. The first group that was mine, not my friend's, not my older brother's, just mine. I studied it all: the music, as I sang along and danced in the room, but also the sleeve artwork, and everything they wore."
- Mike D
Mike Diamond has written an introduction to a CD retrospective of The Clash. The Clash -- The Singles includes 19 of the legendary punk band's UK singles, packaged in replica sleeves of the original work, with a 44-page booklet containing rare photos of the band and essays by some of the band's musical fans, including Pete Townshend, Damon Albarn, and The Edge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are rejected without review (i.e., trashed automatically). You must provide a name with your comment.