Yauch endorses friend's book

Adam Yauch has written a testimonial for The Evolution of a Cro-Magnon, the autobiography of John Joseph (Cro-Mags, Bloodclot). The testimonial reads:
This book kicked my ass. I have known Bloodclot (aka John Joseph) for many years. We know each other from around the NYC hardcore/punk scene. He was always cool with me but until I read this book, his autobiography, I had no idea about his background, about how he grew up. As I read the first few chapters, tears welled up in my eyes. A lot of people talk about coming from the streets, when Bloodclot says it, the shit is real. I have tremendous respect for John, all that he's endured, and who he has become and I would recommend this book to anyone in a heartbeat.

So if you want to remember what NYC was like in the 70's and 80's, if you are interested in selling fake acid at Madison Square Garden, or dressing up like Santa Clause in a wheelchair to hustle money for the Hari Krishnas, or for that matter, if you are just interested in some of the best of the 8 billion stories that NYC has to offer, put a read on this.

Adam Yauch
May 23, 2006 - NYC
The book is scheduled to be released in September.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are rejected without review (i.e., trashed automatically). You must provide a name with your comment.